Elder Dylan McGee
Kansas Wichita Mission
7011 E. 13th St. North
Wichita, Kansas 67206-1219
dylan.mcgee@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 7, 2015

12/7/15

Hello Loved Ones!
Wow, so I definitely got a lot to tell you about this week.
I think I'll start off with the only bummer part of the week, cause
then my email will get progressively better. So, We haven't seen
Patton like all week cause he's been sick so his baptism is being
pushed back. Therefore, he wasn't at church this last week. Bummer...
But that's ok cause we'll just keep working with him, and we've got
lots of other people as well.
A super cool miracle that happened this week was meeting a girl named
Aubryanna. We were just walking down the street as she was walking
towards us down the street, and we stopped her and began to talk to
her. We had a good contact and got her information. Then we went by
the next day with a member and had a great lesson, then we had a
church tour with her the NEXT day with a different member and that
went really well. Then yesterday she went to church! This is the
fastest progression I've ever seen. Haha
And on top of that, it's a unique situation because this is the first
single woman investigator that I've had on my mission. And she's only
twenty years old...haha
Like I've taught women before but they've always been married and like
a part of a part member family or something. And we don't have sisters
here, so we can teach whoever we find. So this will be interesting but
I'm excited because she's way solid.
Even besides Aubryanna we saw a ton of miracles this week. Elder
Campbell is doing so good!
So here's some CRAZY news! Transfers is this Wednesday. So we found out
that Me and Elder Campbell are staying together in Great Bend. So I'm
super excited I get to finish his whole training. And secondly, our
district leader, Elder Lopez is getting transferred and President Bell
called me last night and told me that the Lord has called me to be the
new District Leader. I was definitely caught off guard. To be honest,
it has been hard to see myself as a leader ever since 8th grade when I
got kicked out of being Class President, for my grades and
behavior...Haha
I know the Lord qualifies who he calls and I'm excited to be able to
serve other missionaries in that capacity. But I also know that the
Lord doesn't just qualify you automatically just because of a calling.
We learn in D&C 4 that all it takes for a call from the Lord is a
desire to serve. But if we want to feel more qualified for the call,
we increase in our "Faith, hope, charity, and love, with an eye single
to the glory of God". I love you all and hope you have a great week!
#MerryChristmas #ASaviorIsBorn
- Elder McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment