Elder Dylan McGee
Kansas Wichita Mission
7011 E. 13th St. North
Wichita, Kansas 67206-1219
dylan.mcgee@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Cheer

It was a blessed week here in Topeka, Kansas! The Christmas cheer is finally here! :) 
Christmas time is such a sacred and cool time to be a missionary! I don't know how many of you have heard of the "He is the Gift" video going around. But if not i'd definitely encourage you to watch it and then #SharetheGift. 
This week I am very grateful for all the inspired leaders in the church whom have been called of God. They're guidance and counsel is awesome! 
This week I was talking with my district leader Elder Howell on an exchange and we were talking about the difference between happiness and joy and we were getting into some deep stuff. And anyways it made me look back on the past few months of my mission and also before my mission as well. And i finally get how to have lasting happiness or how to stay happy I guess. It's being selfless. Which I've been told before that helping others is going to bring more happiness and stuff. But I don't know that I really believed that back home, I just loved thinking of myself to much. Selflessness. That's what it's all about. It's flippin hard though! I'm trying to apply it first by at the end of the day thinking about how much of the day I spent doing my will and much of it was me doing the Lord's will. It's all about just aligning your will with Heavenly Father's will. But hey, I love you all so much! Sooo ya, keep it real! :)
-Elder McGeezy



No comments:

Post a Comment