Elder Dylan McGee
Kansas Wichita Mission
7011 E. 13th St. North
Wichita, Kansas 67206-1219
dylan.mcgee@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 22, 2016

2/22/16

Hello! This was an interesting week. My companion got really sick
Monday night and it lasted until about Thursday morning. Then Thursday
night one of our investigators had a baptismal interview with my Zone Leader. Didn't
pass it. I was baffled to say the least, I've never had anyone not
pass a baptismal interview before. The Zone Leader said the investigator didn't have
a strong enough testimony that Joseph Smith was a prophet.
Anyways, hopefully we can just continue to build faith and still
help the investigator be baptized. Because the investigator was slightly rubbed the wrong way after that experience.
BUT, there was still a lot of good things that happened this week! :) haha
We found a lot of cool new people, and have been progressing the
people we already have. I also went to a really inspiring and
revelatory meeting this week called District Leader Accountabilities.
It's a meeting with President Bell where we pretty much just receive
instruction to be better leaders and just people in general. It was
way good!
But I was reading in the New Testament earlier this week and came
across a verse I really like. It states, "But be ye doers of the word,
and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." (James 1:22).
Essentially we need to APPLY the Word of God when we hear it or it
does us no good.
So many times we go to church, or a fireside, or a mission and we
learn how to "fly" and then we "walk" home. Let us all apply the
amazing gospel truths we learn so we can continually progress towards
being more like our Savior. I know that Christ lives. I know that we
and others can be cleansed and healed from the effects of our wrong
choices. And I know that joy and a good attitude towards different
things that happen throughout our lives are a choice of our own.
I hope everyone has a great week! :)
-Elder McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment