Elder Dylan McGee
Kansas Wichita Mission
7011 E. 13th St. North
Wichita, Kansas 67206-1219
dylan.mcgee@myldsmail.net

Friday, January 23, 2015

Another week on my mission!

Greetings Everyone,
So, the other day I realized something a little bit crazy. Tomorrow marks my 6 month mark on my mission! How crazy is that!?! Totes M'Gotes!This week was great, I really like Holton, and the fact that I got to move and switch things up a bit but am still serving in the same ward. I love this ward, and the people in it. Holton is real small like Colby was. I realized something about myself. I think I like doing missionary work better in small towns but I could never live in one permanently. For living, definitely bigger towns or city. But ya, That's kinda irrelevant anyways. This week was good! We had three investigaters that we're teaching in Holton come to sacrament meeting and one investigator that we're teaching in Topeka at sacrament. Weird how that is huh? Holton is 40 minutes from the church but more investigators came from there than from here in Topeka. But we have a man named Raymond, who is the spouse of a recent convert, on date for Baptism on the 31st. We've just about taught him everything and he is from Holton. It'll be an interesting Baptismal service, because he is a 400 pound man. So we'll probably have to get like 4 priesthood holders in the font to baptize him. But ya, I guess I haven't told you much about my new comp, Elder Stum. He is from Utah like everyone else in this mission :/ hahaBut ya, he's really strange and funny. I like him. He's been out like over a year so ya. Top-notch guy. haha But my father, asked me to share what gospel topic is my favorite to share with investigators. And that's definitely got to be reciting the first vision to them! It's so powerful! I also just try to bring some "umph" to the lessons, you know? haha I don't know how many of you know but the actual definition of the word gospel means "good news". So, when we share the gospel of Jesus Christ, we are sharing the good news that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind and because of him you can live a happy and meaningful life! That's pretty bigtime! And I like people to see and grasp that. That doesn't mean we don't share serious and spiritual experiences with the people we teach. But there's also a time to rejoice, you know? Well, I think I'm going to dip out now but I love you guys and have a wonderful week!-Elder McGee

Elder Stum



No comments:

Post a Comment