Elder Dylan McGee
Kansas Wichita Mission
7011 E. 13th St. North
Wichita, Kansas 67206-1219
dylan.mcgee@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hey peeps!


Heyy peeps! This week was definitely interesting. We did a good amount of tracting and trying to find new investigators this week. And through that I've definitely realized why they call Kansas apart  of the Bible Belt. There was this one guy we ran into that was quite the experience. We knock on this door and this guy comes out and the first thing he says is "I know exactly who you guys are, i used to be apart of your religion, and i've got a lot to say. Do you still want to talk with me?". And we're like well yeah. And long story short this guy talks to us for like 45 minutes on his porch trying to shake our testimonies basically before i cut him off and said "well we better get going, have a nice day sir" and started walking away. As we were walking back to the car Elder Smart must've noticed I was pretty mad. And in the car ride back we were talking about what just happened and he is bringing up scriptures here and there in the bible and stuff that would've totally stumped that guy. So eventually I'm like dude, why didn't you say any of this stuff to that guy??. And he's like do you really think that would've changed that closed minded guys mind? And yeah, thats how i learned my lesson about why it's not worth it to Bible Bash with people. haha
But despite the trouble we have had finding new people the investigators we do have already are awesome! I genuinely care about all of them and am grateful for all of them. There's this one in particular Allison. She's a fifth grade teacher but she should be a professor cause she's flippin smart. The first time i met her she had me at a complete loss for words because she had these questions that just went straight over my head. But I'm grateful for that because these questions make me grow more because then i go and look them up and further my own knowledge of the gospel. But yeah, it's been really fun! Sundays are definitely a little different then i'm used to. It's not a ward it's a Branch of about 40 to 50 people. So PRETTY small. But it's good, I absolutely love the members! I love you all and hope you are doing OK :) 

                                                    -Elder McGee




No comments:

Post a Comment