Elder Dylan McGee
Kansas Wichita Mission
7011 E. 13th St. North
Wichita, Kansas 67206-1219
dylan.mcgee@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 19, 2015

10/19/15

Hey Everybody! I am so sorry my letter was so short last week. This week should be a longer one. So it was a good week. Elder Melville is getting more and more out of his shell every week, so that's good.Training is super humbling. You recognize all your weaknesses when you are with a new missionary for some reason. I joke around with him a lot about how different we are. Haha But this week has been crazy. Like you guys won't even believe the things that happened since I last emailed. So on Tuesday we had like one of our best days in this area thus far. We had put two people on date to be baptized one of them being a referral we had received from Church Headquarters for this dude named Landon who is HECKA SOLID and we had found a few new investigators and we had a member come out on team ups with us and yeah it was just a super good day and when we came in for the night we were definitely on a spiritual high. But soon after we came in that night we received a phone call that I will never forget. We received news that Bishop Bates as well as the Young Men's President, Brother Langston had passed away that evening in a plane crash. We were absolutely shocked. So I guess Bishop Bates had to go out to a job site in Colorado and Brother Langston whose a pilot offered to fly Bishop out there in his little plane. And on their way the engine failed and the plane had crashed. They were both in their forties I believe, and they each have wives and several kids.Incredibly sad. I am going to two funerals today. I never thought I would have an experience like this on my mission.I don't know what else to say other than doctrine, because I love doctrine. The Plan of Salvation is real and I know it to be true. I know those Men of God are in the Spirit World ministering to those who have passed on. I know this. I also know that the wives of those Men know it too. They are remarkable examples of valiant and faithful women who have testimonies of the gospel, trust God, and trust and believe in the sealing power of the priesthood and the covenants they made in the temple with their husbands.This experience doesn't change the fact that there is a God. And it doesn't change that he's a Loving and Caring God. John the Baptist was fairly young when he was beheaded, and he had a family. Jesus Christ himself mourned the loss of his beloved friend. Things Happen. A lot of trials come our way simply because they are apart of this earthly experience. Not because God inflicted them upon us. Our Savior, Jesus Christ not only suffered for all of our sins but also for our pains,afflictions, and sorrows so he could assist and support us in times of hardship and distress. These families will receive much heavenly assistance from Christ and Ministering Angels.
I Love You All. I hope you all have a great week, and remember your ultimate purpose in life, because it truly is so short. And that is to"...prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors." Alma 34:32.
-Elder McGee


No comments:

Post a Comment